For the past few days I have been infected with CouponDropdown Ads popping on my Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers. I get random words on any page site that are underlined. These underlined words are link to sites where I can win stuffs and to other unwanted ads by CouponDropDown.
So What is CouponDropdown?
CouponDropDown.com is an adware that displays advertisements and hijacks your browsers. It can be categorized as one of the newly released browser hijackers or browser redirect viruses. It can avoid your antivirus protection which means your anti-virus may not recognize it. This browser hijackers are created and used by hackers to collect as much information as possible from PC users to make money.
CouponDropdown uses in-text advertisements similar to Text Enhance and can be voluntarily installed with third party applications, add-ons and extensions.
How Dangerous is Coupondropdown.com Redirect Virus?
1. It can change your homepage forcibly and redirect you to unwanted sites.
2. It can download Trojans without your permission in order to ingest viruses, malware and spyware to damage your computer.
3. Personal privacy is in high risk of exposure to the open.
4. System stability and data store will also be threatened.
5. Infected files can be dropped into your computer to mess up with legitimate files.
This unwanted popping ads and underlined hyper link text really annoys me. It's pestering me and I hate it.
Here are the Step by Step Ways on How To Manually Remove Coupondropdown.com
1. Uninstall CouponDropdown or anything similar to the lists of installed programs from the Add and Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
2. Remove CouponDropDown Add-on/Extension. Find any unknown or unwanted extensions from your browser from the lists and remove them as well.
- HDvid Codec
- IB Updater
- Online HD TV
- Incredibar Toolbar
1. Go to Tools > Extensions.
2. Find CouponDropDown and any other add-ons on the list above. Remove it by clicking the trash can icon.
1. Go to Tools and select Add-ons.
2. Click Extensions and Plugin tabs. Find CouponDropDown. Select and Remove it and any other add-ons on the list above.
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tabs. Find CouponDropDown. Select and Remove it and any other add-ons on the list above.
4. Clear Cache And Cookies
5. Run Anti-Malware Software - If necessary, scan, detect, and remove malware. Malwarebytes is the most recommended Antivirus. If scan results with malicious item detected. Remove it.
6. Restart your PC.
Crappppp right? It gives me headache. Nevertheless, after spending hours on my pc trying to find an answer, I was able to removed it successfully. How? I'll blog it on my next update.
Anyway, Just follow this steps and your PC will be okay again. Trust me. (",)